A social contract is an agreement that the class creates to help build mutual respect. The students create responses that are recorded and then signs the contract to claim that’s how they want to be treated and how they will treat others.
- How do I the student want to be treated by you the teacher?
– I want to be treated with kindness.
– I want to be treated like a young adult.
– I want my teacher to be honest.
– I want my teacher to take me seriously.
– I want my teacher to motivate me.
– I want my teacher to be helpful and informative.
– I want my teacher to give me opportunities to build trust between them and myself.
- How do you the teacher want to be treated by me the student?
– You want honesty and honorable attitudes from your students.
– You want a trustworthy connection and a mutual understanding of respect and integrity.
– You want positive attitudes from your students.
– You want your students to be productive and focused.
– You want your students to understand that nothing will be easy.
– You want your students to be mature.
- How should I treat my fellow students?
– I will be helpful to everyone.
– I will treat all of my fellow students fairly.
– I will treat everyone with respect.
– I will be honest and open with everyone.
– I will be tolerant and understanding with others.
- How should we handle problems that come between us?
– Any problems whether they’re digital or between myself and another person should be handled in a calm manner.